Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The close of 2013, opens the doors to another amazing year...

Reflections and visions.

As I sit here tonight, 2013 is quickly coming to a close... and what a year it as been!  If one year ago, someone would have told me that I would have experienced, endured and accomplished everything that I did in the last 12 months, I would have told them that they were crazy.  It still feels surreal that this year was filled with as much as it was!

To recap 2013...
* 118 miles run during events, with a total of 308 miles when you figure in training runs between early May and the end of December.  I am not sure how many miles I actually ran in the first 4 and a half months of 2013.
*  16 5k races between Michigan and Wisconsin
* 2 10k events, one in Green Bay, one in Chicago
* 2 5 Mile runs, one one one of the warmest days of June and the other the coldest day in November!
* Part of a full-marathon relay team.
* 3 Half Marathons
* Made a solo trip to Chicago to meet up with a friend for a run.  Managed to not get lost and spent about 24 hours in an amazing city!
* Biked the trails around Munising with Darrin and also found some awesome new waterfalls

What started out as running the St Patrick's Day Run in Appleton in March, turned into running events almost every weekend for the rest of 2013!  Several of these weekends included John joining the fun and walking some of the events!  Very proud of him for what he accomplished this summer and joining in the fun!  I have been blessed with an wonderful family and amazing friends that keep me going, inspire me and continually encourage me to keep moving forward.  Each and every run, I challenged myself to run a little further or faster, push a little harder and make it a better run than the last one.  Many of these runs where just as much of a mental challenge, as they were physical.  Many days I wanted to quit.  But thanks to the awesome support system that I have, I was always encouraged and pushed to do my best and I will be forever grateful for this.

I can only speculate what is to come in 2014!  I know that the adventures will continue.  So far, the only things that I know for sure about this next year are:

* I have signed up to run the Cellcom Marathon in May, which will be my first full marathon!
* Running an 18K race in Phoenix in March
* Want to to more with myTEAM TRIUMPH, to include at least a few races
* Running Mileage goal of 750 miles, which averages out to just over 2 miles each day
* Spend as much time as I can with my amazing family and friends

I know that there will be more, and this is just the start!  I can't want to see what we will accomplish this year and am excited to have each and every one of you out there to keep me going!

Bring on 2014!  It's going to be another amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment