Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Warrior Dash WI! If you don't get muddy, you are doing it wrong!

Mud, Sweat and Beer!  Get ready to get muddy!

Time once again for Warrior Dash WI!  This was the 3rd year that I conquered this crazy, muddy, awesome run.  This was a little different tho - I was facing these obstacles with John!  We knew that we would not be running the course and time was not even going to be a concern for us.  We were going to do this and  accomplish the beast of a course together!  John was not sure if he was going to be able to do all of the obstacles.  I reassured him that if there was something that he was not able to do, there were ways around most of the obstacles.

John and I Pre-race - i.e. No mud yet!
We could not have asked for better weather!  When we got to the Hunt Club where event is always held, the sun was shining!  This was a nice change from the storms and near flash floods from the night before!  Since we decided to leave from Madison early enough, we didn't have very long lines to wait in to pick up our packets and get ready to have some fun!

I knew that they made a few changes to the obstacles this year and from the finish line we were able to see the Collosus Slide that  they added to this years course... It looks A LOT higher than I thought it would be from the pictures! This is gonna be interesting!

Best part about this year (aside from running this with my husband!) was that we remembered to bring the rugged camera!  That shock-proof, water-proof camera was finally going to really come in handy!  In the several years that we have owned this camera, aside from a few trips out on the lake, it has not seen much action!  We were going to make up for that today!

The wall that I was not sure I was going to get over
We were only walking today and agreed that we were going to make a point to enjoy the morning and have as much fun as we can!  We spent the next hour and a half laughing, working together to get through, over and under everything that was in front of us!  At one point, John actually accidentally hit the button on the camera and actually took a video of himself falling into one of the mud pits.  I will have to see if I can get that posted out here - or at least put a link to it!

There were a few obstacles that we each thought that we were not going to be able to get through.  The biggest one for me was the Warrior Peak (pictured to the right).  I was not sure if I actually had the upper body/arm strength to pull this one off!  I am proud to say that not only did this obstacle NOT give me any trouble, but I almost ran right up the wall!  The worst part was actually getting over the top!  I am also happy to report that John also made it up an over on this one!

In the end, we may have taken our time, but we had a blast!  The Collosus slide at the end was awesome - the climb up to it, on the other hand was tough - but it was not going to stop up!  John is anxious to sign up again for next year too!  I also have a group of friends that have already said that they want to join us next year!

Here is to more fun to come guys!  I am working on getting pics from this year's Warrior Dash posted, so stay tuned for the link!!







No comments:

Post a Comment