Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Biggest Loser Challenge at work

This round of the Biggest loser at work came to an exciting conclusion at work yesterday!

I started participating in these challenges several years ago and they have been a huge source of inspiration in my journey.  I may not have been in the running for prizes or lost huge numbers on the scale, but these challenges have helped me to keep my focus and make many of the changes that I have made for myself over the last few years.

This time, with the encouragement of my amazing friends, my running partner, co-workers and family, I was determine to step it up this round!  I knew that I had all the tools at my disposal that I needed to succeed, I just need to apply them everyday!

I turned more of a focus to being honest with myself about what I was eating, putting 100% effort into each and every gym workout and added a few more miles to my running.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't give up everything that I enjoy.  I still enjoyed beers around the campfire, Chinese food (a huge weakness me but the sodium is always a killer), my favorite wine and even a few Choco Taco's during Summer Celebrations at work or a big ol' cheeseburger after a long day!  But everything in moderation!  I know that in order for me to be successful, I still need to be true to myself and I am not going to deprive myself from those things that I love!

There were several of us that were neck in neck throughout the entire competition, which for me was another huge motivator!  I am proud to say that in the last 3 months during this challenge, I have removed (not lost, as I don't intend to go back and find them again) 14.3 pounds and a total of 7.46% of my starting weight. With our final weigh in's complete, this was enough for 3rd place!  A huge congratulations goes out to Sallie who came out with a huge number at the end to pull out the victory!  Thank you Sallie for the challenge and I am so proud of you for everything that you have done - you look fabulous!  One day, I know I will get there too - it's just a matter of time!

Next round of the Biggest Loser at work as started.  I am ready for the challenge, are you?



No comments:

Post a Comment