Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The new normal?


Steel Bridge, Sturgeon Bay
OK, I am done with winter and glad that it is officially spring, but I am really not liking the first day of spring this year!  The above picture was actually from a few weekends ago, but it is still a good reference to the current weather around here.  At this rate, we are not going to be able to get the grill out until August and will have ice on the lakes until about the same time!  This has been one of the snowiest March's in a long time - and I am so ready to be done with snow!

In an earlier post, I commented that I never thought I would say going to the gym was part of my normal routine.  I am really seeing how much they gym has become the new me - it is no longer a chore, but something that I have come accustomed to.  Over the last few days I have realized 2 things...

First is that my home workouts are losing some of their intensity.  I keep finding too many other distractions to keep me from doing what I need to do on those days that I am not able to get to the gym.  I think that I need to really change things up at home to keep myself going.  I need to do something to get my home workouts back to what they need to be.  It should help that I finally have gloves to use with the punching bag that I got last month - releasing stress and frustration on that bag is going to be awesome!  Hopefully that is what I need to get back  into the swing of things at home.

The other thing that I realized is that the gym puts me in a better place both physically and mentally.  Yesterday I felt like I was just going through the motions.  I couldn't focus on anything and was just not myself.  After getting back to the gym last night, I felt better today. I had more focus again. Now after tonight, I feel like I am back to normal... yup, they gym has become part of my new normal... and the world has not come to an end - yet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment